Sunday, November 23, 2008

What I Wanted to be When I Grew Up....

I'm pretty sure then that I wanted to be a teacher... and I've been thinking about this alot lately... Most that know me (and know me well) - know that life wasn't peaches and cream for me or my sisters growing up... We grew up way too fast - in a home (or several) that didn't (and don't still) measure up to what should be acceptable for children to live in...

As a child I remember thinking "this CANNOT be what life is all about!!" - Like seriously... And as I've grown into adulthood - I absolutely KNOW that where I came from was - and is not acceptable for any child to think about or ever fathom...

Anyway - back to being a teacher... Why don't parents absolutely love and respect EVERY teacher that our child has in their lives? Seriously... These teachers put their heart and souls into OUR kids day after day - year after year... Does anyone ever thank them??? I know from experience that if it weren't for many teachers in my life that I probably wouldn't have turned out as well (thank you very much) as I have... One of my oldest (not old - but my "Pete" that I've known since Kindergarden) has been a teacher for years... And she goes through hell and back with the PARENTS... NOT the kids - but the parents who don't take responsibility for their kids actions... Seriously - it is the PARENTS job to discipline - and to teach right from wrong... NOT the teachers... And if a teacher gets onto your kid.... Ummmm.... OBVIOUSLY the kid was in the wrong... BUCK UP and be a better parent people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Understand that the teacher doesn't have it out for your kid... (Unless you have a REAAAAAALLLLLYYY bad teacher - which there are some... But 99.9 percent of the time - it's the kid!)... Shewsh... *new word* - I'm not a teacher - but had to get that out there... Just KNOW what your child is really capable of (bad or good) and respect that teachers are mostly always trying to do the greater good for you child!!!!!

Wow... I'm in book-writing mode.... crap.

Anyway - again.... hee hee...

I've been journaling about (to) the kids - and giving them an insight to their lives (as mommy sees it) every few days... We've been back in church regularly and Jer and I have been catching up online sermons by Ed Young (Fellowship)... I'm feeling really good about our life as a family and our spiritual path as a family... So that leads me to....

Today I was thinking... What did I want to be when I grew up? That's a pretty intense thought - and seriously - I couldn't really remember what I wanted to be... Of course - I wanted to be successful in whatever it was that I chose to do... I remember wanting to be someone who planted seed of wisdom... (probably not the words I thought of when I was 7.8.9.10... haha...)... But today - I really realized - that I AM what I wanted to be when I grew up... I'm a good Mommy... Like - really good... I'm sure that makes sense to the moms that might read this... But seriously - to the depths of my soul - the only thing I care about in life is making sure these little farts (and Hannah is a fart-tett) - have every tool that I can give them to be happy, loving, productive and successful older farts and fart-tetts... Rambling???? Maybe a little... But it is important... Our job as parents is FAR greater than we really ever understand...

I worry sometimes that I make things too easy for my kids... My childhood was horrid - in more ways than twenty - but even as a child I knew that it could be worse... My kids are provided with everything and more - an abundance of kisses, hugs, love, encouragement, FAITH AND - discipline, rules, chores -yadda yadda... and they are also provided with the reprucussions of when all of those things as a whole don't come together... Am I doing enough??? Does any parent ever think that they are OR not? I know that by far - I'm not perfect... I am SO NOT 'THAT' perfect parent... But I'm trying... That's ALOT more than I can say for alot of people... But I can also say that for most of the parents that I know - they really ARE trying to be 'the greater good' for thier kids... I commend them for that.... I also commend the teachers that are a WAY bigger part of our kids lives than we will ever know or thank them for. (remember that when your kids are actually IN school!!!)

So - I want to end my 'book' with - I'm AM what I wanted to be when I grew up... I'm the most important person to three BEAUTIFUL, SMART and LOVED children... They are the epitomy of everything that one person could ever love so much.

Let the Lord bless them - let them grow - and let them prosper...

Hannah, Haden and Holton.... I LOVE YOU!!! More than words could ever say...

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: