Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just call me SLACKER!!!!

Somehow I skipped blogging completely in March - it's not like I don't have a few minutes here and there... I think it's my facebook addiction - which I seem to be TRYING to break a bit. (haha)

So, now it is mid-April and ABSOLUTELY beautiful outside - which makes my blogging availability even less. :) hee hee... So, I shall summarize the past 2 months! :)

February was still cold and miserable... WET!!! I swear I thought we were going to float away at times. Our 'creek-turned-river' had me a bit worried and we found a new leak in kitchen (coming through the stove) - figures, right? That being said, we've survived and the kids and I are acclimating quite well to our new country life. Jer and I finished the chicken coop and bought 4 chickens... One died the next day (It looked a little weak when he brought it home)... The other 3 lasted about a month. Holton and I had our little ritual of going out to feed the chickens every night - and well... we walked up and saw one lying dead in the coop and the other two smaller ones were just GONE. Feathers here and there - so something got in there... Not sure what - but something! :) Needless to say, we haven't gotten anymore chickens. I don't want the Moorhead Farm to be a death sentence for animals that we bring home!!! :)

Speaking of, we do have two new additions to our family... Cash and Willie... Two pups that we got from the Redneck Feed Store... Went for chickens... ended up with two dogs... and my word - they crap alot! Sooo cute... And Josie is finally taking a liking to them. I can't ever get Willie to sit still enough for a pic, but here's little Cash (sideways):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As far as house progress goes, we're truckin' right along... Had foundation poured a few weeks ago and got the framing done in the hallway over the weekend. We're praying for no rain so we can finish the outside of the hall this weekend and possibly start framing the garage and installing the new french doors... woo hoo... !!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The kiddos are doing great... Han's going to be 12 in less than a month... Where the heck did the time go???? really? My pretty pretty girl...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And well, the boys are just growing like weeds... Haden will be 5 in July and Holt will be 3 in June... I cannot believe Haden starts Kindergarten this year!! AAH! Seriously - WHERE DOES THE TIME GO????????

Next month we have Jer's 34th birthday, Hannah's 12th birthday, Alex (my snuggly nephew)'s 1st birthday, Stacey Leigh's wedding shower AND Jer and I's 6 year wedding Anniversary! Can you say BUSY?? All of this going on while trying to remodel a house... Well well well! :) Jer and I work best under pressure, so watch us knock it out of the park... :)



And a few more... I have hundreds of pictures but can only post a few!!!

The kids decorating easter eggs... Haden was SO serious about it!



and someone got stuck in the creek!!! oops!



More to come - I've got some great videos of the kids too. :)

Much love! Heather

No comments: