Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gas.... Cars... And crap like that..

I've been meaning to post about this like- forever... But totally haven't had time to fart lately - let alone blog... BUT... Jer and I have tried to minimize our 'ecological footprint' on the world - and our wallets over the past 6 months... We had a bright idea once gas hit the 3 dollar mark (and were still watching it rise) to figure out a way to become less dependent on gas... and stop spending 250 bucks a week to get to work and back... We sold Jer's Dodge (10 miles per gallon) - which was a kickass truck - but he got what he paid for it ... Put an assload of cash in savings and we bought a $1200 Chevy S10 that gets 25+ mpg... (Thank you Jessica!).... Anyway... then we bought a 93 Saturn beater go-cart for $700 bucks that gets 30+ mpg - and parked our family car... I love my Dodge Durango... seriously... I will buy another one when the time comes because its a kick ass SUV - but the gas mileage is like 14 mpg in stop and go traffic... So - basically I guess my point is... Does looking like a broke ass driving a beater commuter matter???? - haha.... Yes... a little... I would DIE DIE DIE if anyone that I knew (that didn't know I was saving 200 bucks a week by driving the beater and being 'ecological') saw me driving the go-cart... Does that make me vain???? yes... a little... But... I really like my little go-cart... and Jer really likes his truck... Beat up as they both are - they are good cars... and they are paid off!!! (its like driving money that isn't in the bank... could sell if we ever needed to in like 2 seconds for cash...) Anyway - I wanted to show off our beaters... because if you see me 'rollin' in my beater.... Be jealous... Because we're driving cash... and saving an assload in gas... and lessening our 'ecological footprint' as far as gas goes... haha...

Here's my little beater... :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And Jer's 'beater' -


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And our family car... That costs AN ASSLOAD to drive MAYBE 6 days a month.... haha...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm still trying to type but Jeremy WON'T STOP TALKING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...

I forgot what my actual point was other than - love my beater.... and love Jer's... hahahah....

I'll be back...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

POKEY!!

Heather Moorhead - HHH Photography said...

hell yeah... pokey is KICK ASS! :) Thank you for that!