Friday, January 30, 2009

Finding Leeland... I hope...

Tonight I spoke to my brothers mother - that I haven't seen since he was a little less than 2... Anyway... it's been 16 years and I have thought and wondered about him for that long...

Unfortunately - I was told that his mom (who is SUCH a nice, welcoming woman) that she "booked and left town and wants nothing to do with us".... So dumb to believe that crap and not try harder to know someone who shares the same blood that I do.

I realize that Lee will probably be really disappointed in his father... he probably totally is already... But I hope and pray that he doesn't hold the abscence of us against us. We were kids too... And listened to our father - who 'mind you' isn't the most forthcoming with the truth.

I remember Lee's eyes... his hair (when he was 2)... the time he pooped all over me and my first husband because he had a stomach virus- (who at the time was my first serious boyfriend of a whole month (in 1992)...

Lee's mom told me that he looks like my sister Mel... She also told me that he is 6 foot tall!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! WE ARE ALL MIDGETS!!! haha... Dad MAY be 5'7... Beth and Mel are like between 5'3 and 5'5... We are NOT tall people!!! haha...

Lee's mom (Brenda) also told me - that he goes by Lee... :) Not Leeland... not Scott... But Lee. I am glad to know that. I'm also glad to know that he's smart, handsome, and LOVED by his mom, his sister Taylor and his dad Mike. He had a family... A good one.

K- so I will stop - but may come back and edit - and say more...

Love and blessings to all...

2 comments:

Meg said...

Awww, good luck! He would be blessed to know you guys.

Heather Moorhead - HHH Photography said...

Thanks Meg! We haven't heard back from him personally yet - but his sister has contacted me. :) We'll see what happens!