Friday, January 1, 2010

Am I really "splaining??" Lucy??? where are you???

I'm back... I've been lax in posting - I've been lax on working out and eating right - I've been lax on almost everything in life other than getting into this freaking house!!! haha...

Jer just said that we need to 'become MACHINES' on this property...uh... yeah... we have no choice...

New Years Resolutions... NONE... Goals... MANY...

1. BE ON TOP OF THE WORLD owning 10 acres and a beautiful little farm house...

2. STAY POSITIVE when little (or BIG) things happen... Shit happens - we know it... Seriously - I took out the side of my Durango this week because I wasn't paying attention... THAT IS A FLIP OUT moment... but for whatever reason I didn't... I'm hoping and PRAYING that I can stay positive when things of that nature go wrong with out domicile... It's gonna happen - I know it... STAY POSITIVE SUNSHINE!!!

3. GET FIT... Like seriously GET FIT... I've been making excuses - seriously... And because I've been making so many excuses I've gained the 10 (or 12) lbs. back that I lost a few months ago... I HAVE to get back on the treadmill... I HAVE to quit smoking... I have to chill on the Ultra's... I have TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do to be fat and have a bad body image... I'm better than that... But dammit - MY PANTS ARE TIGHT! FAT PANTS ARE TIGHT! GET ON IT HEATHER!

4. BE A BETTER PARTNER... My husband... Is a good and loving man... A good father... A good husband... A good man... He literally LIVES to make me happy... I will make that easier for him. My demons are MINE... not his... I WILL chill... I will make life easier for him... Because HE makes life easier for me... and I'm blessed to have someone who lives to LIVE for someone else...

5. BE MORE PLAYFUL... I am interally by nature - entirely too serious. Details details details... Clean clean clean... perfect perfect perfect... It is to my detriment that I am the way I am... Although I'm extremly proud of being on top of things - I need to chill - not only on myself - but on everyone around me. Stop worrying so much... Let the kids BE FREE and really EXPERIENCE life... The fullness and the bounty that we've given them... Momma needs to be more playful.

6. GIVE GOD ALL OF THE GLORY... This should be NUMBER 1!... And it really is... We will - as a family - find a church that is our HOME... Our children deserve to know the Glory of God and Jesus... all of the BOUNTY... Love, Faith, Hope and the treasure of being a Christ follower... I didn't know this as a child - but for some reason have always FELT IT... It is EVERYTHING to me... I will not force them to believe - but I will show them the way... Atleast they have the knowledge... Something that I didn't have...


7. TEACH MY CHILDREN WELL... I'm listening to Crosby Stills Nash and Young - Teach Your Children Well... My wonderful precious loving God... YES!!!!

You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.

Can you hear and do you care and
Cant you see we must be free to
Teach your children what you believe in.
Make a world that we can live in.

Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.


_______________________________
Really??? Pretty fuuuhhhreaking cool...

No comments: