Thursday, May 29, 2008

An Amazing Man..

Yesterday my family suffered a great loss - my Grandfather - Jim Ferguson passed away. While it gives us some comfort knowing that he is with my Mema now - it still breaks our hearts knowing we will never again hear "How ya doing, Hon?" or "I'm doing ALLLright".... :o) He absolutely was (and is) amazing - and THE most interesting person that I know and knew. He lived a very full life, traveled the world and above all loved my Mema in a way that most women could only imagine being loved. They had a 'fairytale' love - calling each other "Dear" and "Love" with every encounter that they had with each other... I cherish him - and in losing him - I feel like I'm losing her all over again. We lost Mema on September 11th of last year - and there was not a moment since the time she passed that he didn't miss her. He told me on severeal occasions that he felt as if half of him was buried when he buried her. So - with that - I believe that they are together again - holding each other tightly and re-living all of the happiness and joy that they brought each other here on earth. Last night - as I said my prayers - I spoke to them both - and I know in my heart that he just wanted to go 'home' - and that 'home' was in his 'loves' arms.

I must say that I appreciate the man that he was, the love that he showed and the vivacious way that he lived his life. I could only hope to be as classy as he was and to be as loved as he made my Mema feel. He was really one in a billion... I hope that he knew (and knows) how loved he was by me and my sisters. We looked up to him (and them) ans respected everything about who he was, is and will always be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Grandpa Jim, Mema and Haden - July 2005

Much love in your memory Jim - We love you and will miss you more than words can ever explain.

*to my friends and family - thank you for all of your kinds words... know that it is a great comfort to know how much I am loved by you all... I can only hope to leave a legacy like my grandparents did...*

No comments: